Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Eight Colors in My Crayon Box

If my life could be described with eight unique colors that each describe something about myself they would have to be as follows...


1. Gold would definitely be in my crayon box for multiple reasons. Starting with it close to the color of my hair these days. I have a lot of blonde curly hair and it is usually the first thing that people comment on. Also, when I asked my bestfriend what color she thought I was her first answer was gold without missing a beat. I like to think gold is in my box because of my overwhelming star quality, but that's another subject entirely.


2. Classic Blue. This straight forward blue would be in my crayon box as well at the moment because I am very sad that I missed the deadline to opt in for next seasons football tickets. Bummed!


3. Green of any shade will always have a place in my color box because it is my favorite color. The color green makes happy. Maybe that's because I wish I was a millionaire. Also, green is the color of my eyes.


4. While coloring a pretty picture I may ignore the black crayon, in my day to day life I would have to use it. I own a lot of black clothing. I do not wear it all at once to make a statement as some do, but I find the color very flattering and classic. This color reminds be of Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Lauren Bacall. All the Hollywood greats from the classic era of film. Makes me feel slim and like I have stepped back in time.

5. Midnight blue would have a place in the box as well. I love night time. I am a night owl, but also enjoy sleep very much. This color is an example of when I get good nights of rest and get to take the occasional joyous nap in between a long day of classes and work. Also, a color I wear a lot.





6. Turquoise is usually a crowd pleaser, especially for girls. In my case I find it cheerful without being annoying like yellow is. It reminds me of easy days on the lake where I'm from and beach trips with friends and family. I also always wear a turquoise ring on my left hand no matter what I am wearing. It is my go-to jewelry piece.



7. White is usually never touched in a crayon box. In my life box of colors it would be worn out. I am obsessed with winter and everything it entails. The smells, the sounds, and especially the colors. White makes me feel surrounded by snow and reminds me of being wrapped up in bundles of clothes and sharing stories with my family. White is a comforting color year round. 




8. Last, but definitely not least Red. This color I never wear, but it does have its place in my bedroom. The curtains and accents are red to compliment the black and white theme. Also, the color red is the essence of my mother. She is vibrant and full of love. Red would be in my box because without my mom a lot of the greatness I have already experienced in life would not be possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment